Time: 15 min. prep + 35 min. baking
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Place 1 cup melted butter, 2 cups sugar, 1/2 cup cocoa powder and 2 teaspoons vanilla into your stand mixer or large mixing bowl. Mix on low-speed until combined and smooth, should take about 1 minute.
2. Add 4 eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each one.The batter should look pretty runny at this point.
3. In a small bowl place 1 1/2 cups flour and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Toss the two together with a fork to combine. Add these dry ingredients to the brownie batter and mix on medium speed for about 2 minutes or until smooth.
4. Stir in 3/4 cup chocolate chips.
5. Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray and spread the batter out into it. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-35 minutes. Be sure not to over bake these babies. Remove the pan from the oven and let the brownies cool completely.
6. While your brownies are cooling, make your frosting. Place 1/4 cup melted butter and 1/4 cup cocoa powder in a small mixing bowl and mix it until well combined.
7. Add 3 cups of powdered sugar, 4-5 tablespoons of milk and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
8. Beat the ingredients together until the frosting in smooth and glossy. If it's too thick, add a bit more milk.
9. When the brownies have cooled completely, spread the frosting over the top, cut and serve.