Time: 1 hour
Yield: 50 cookies
Recipe created by Jamie Cooks It Up!
2 boxes lemon cake mix
1 C butter, melted
1 T fresh lemon juice
1 12 oz package white chocolate chips
1/2 t shortening
1. Melt your butter and add it to the cake mixes. Mix it around for just a bit and add your eggs.
2. Squeeze your fresh lemon and add it to the mix.
3. Mix with a wooden spoon, or with your Kitchen Aid until combined.
4. Add all but 1/2 C of the white chocolate chips, mix just until incorporated evenly.
5. Roll into 1 1/2 inch balls, place on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes. (6 minutes at 325 for convection ovens). Be careful not to over bake. Take the cookies out of the oven when they have cracked on the top. Then let them finish cooking on the hot cookie sheet for about 2 minutes. Put on a wire rack to finish cooling completely.
6. Melt the remaining 1/2 C of white chocolate in the microwave for 30 seconds. Add the shortening to the chips and stir. If they aren't melting put them in the microwave for another 30 seconds and stir. Don't get it too hot. The white chocolate will get all chalky and uncooperative. I hate it when things get uncooperative.....can't we all just get along.
7. Drizzle the white chocolate over the tops of the cooled cookies with a spoon.
8. Sprinkle the cookies with powdered sugar.