Time: 15 minutes prep + 6 hours refrigeration
Yield: 10 servings
Recipe adapted from My Baking Addiction
2 C mixed berries (blueberries, marionberries, raspberries...frozen is fine)
25 lemon creme sandwich cookies
4 Tbs. butter, melted
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 C sour cream
1 1/2 C powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 1/2 tsp. lemon juice (bottled is fine)
1 (12 ounce) container cool whip, thawed
1. Take your frozen berries and pour yourself 2 cups worth. Love me this combination of berries, I honestly do. Raspberries, blueberries and marionberrys. Yummy to put in all kinds of things. Place the cup of berries in the microwave for 1 minute, just to defrost the berries a bit. You don't want them super warm. You don't want them ice cold either...so into the microwave they go for one minute only. Thank you.
2. Toss 25 lemon creme sandwich cookies into a small food processor.
3. Grind the cookies into crumbs and pour them into a medium sized bowl. If you don't have a small food processor, don't get all down and out about it. Just put the cookies into a large ziploc bag and crush the cookies with a rolling pin.
4. Pour 4 tablespoons of melted butter over the cookie crumbs. Add a dash of salt and stir it all together with a fork, until all ingredients are well combined.
5. Pour the cookie crumbs into a 9x9 baking pan. Press them into the bottom of a pan with a fork.
6. Toss two packages of softened cream cheese into your stand mixer, or large mixing bowl. Beat until smooth.
7. Add 1/2 cup sour cream, 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 2 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice, one container of cool whip and a dash of salt. Beat until well combined.
8. Add the berries to the mixer.
Mix until the berries are combined and the cheesecake is a bit pink.
9. Pour the filling onto your crust. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours, and up to 24.