Time: 15 minutes hands on + 45 minutes baking
Yield: A 9x13 pan...cut them to your liking
Recipe from a lovely reader
1 C cold butter
2 C flour
1/2 C powdered sugar
2 C sugar
1/3 C fresh lemon juice
1/2 t baking powder
1/4 t salt
1/4 C flour
1. Chop your butter into small pieces.
2. Toss your flour and powdered sugar together in a medium sized mixing bowl.
3. Add your butter to the dry ingredients. Using a pastry blender combine the ingredients until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
4. Press the crumbly mixture into the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Put the pan in a 350 degree oven and bake for 20 minutes.
1. Crack the eggs and place them in your stand mixer, or in a medium sized mixing bowl.
2. Whip the eggs until they are nice and frothy, should only take about 20 seconds.
3. Juice your lemons and pour the juice into your mixer with the eggs. Mix until combined.
4. In a separate bowl combine the sugar, baking powder, salt and flour. Pour the dry ingredients into your mixer and mix just until combined.
5. When your crust has cooked for the allotted 20 minutes, remove it from the oven and pour the filling over the top.
6. Return the pan to the oven and bake for an additional 25 minutes.
7. Take the pan out of the oven and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
8. Let it cool completely, then cut into bars and serve.