Time: 30 min. hands on + 13-15 min. baking
Yield: 28-30 servings
Recipe from Betty Crocker
***PLEASE NOTE: If you are planning to serve these at a party I suggest dropping by a local fast food restaurant and picking up several cone holders. If not, you may be faced with cones falling, tipping and crashing all over tarnation. THAT does not a happy hostess make. Do yourself a favor and get the cone holders.
1 Party Rainbow Chip Cake Mix + ingredients to make the cake
2 18 count boxes of Color Cup Ice Cream Cones
1-2 jars Rainbow Chip Frosting
1. In a large mixing bowl combine cake mix and the ingredient listed on the back of the box (water...eggs....oil...you know them. Standards that they are.) Beat the mixture on low for 30 seconds. Scrape the bottom of your bowl and then mix it on medium speed for at least 2 minutes.
2. Line your muffin tins with cupcake liners and spray them generously with cooking spray.
3. Pour the batter into the baking cups. ONLY FILL THEM HALF WAY FULL. I'm serious here...Just fill the cups half way full, instead of 2/3 of the way full.
All will be well and lovely.
4. Stack the cones ontop of the batter. Bake at 350 for about 13-15 minutes being careful not to let the batter burn.
5. Remove the cake cones from the oven and let them cool completely.
6. When you are ready to frost them, carefully remove the cupcake liner.
7. Generously frost the cake portion of the cone. Then sprinkle on your colorful sprinkles. If you want the whole cake portion to be covered in sprinkles, pour the sprinkles onto a small plate and then carefully dip the top of each cone into the sprinkles.