Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 12 large suckers
Recipe from Family Fun
2 C sugar
1 C water
2/3 C corn syrup
1-2 t candy flavoring (extracts don't work)
1. Pour 1 cups water, 2 cups sugar and 2/3 C corn syrup into a heavy medium sized pot.
2. Cook over medium high heat to 280 degrees, or until it starts to turn golden brown. This should take about 15 minutes.
If the mixture starts to get brownish in the center, remove it from the heat to complete the cooking phase. You don't want it to burn.
3. Pour in the candy flavoring and the food coloring and stir it well to combine.
4. Quickly pour the candy into your sucker molds. You will want to work pretty fast here. The candy will begin to harden.
5. Let the suckers cool until set and then carefully pop them out of the molds.