Time: 20 minutes + 4-5 hours refrigeration
Yield: 1 heavenly pie
Recipe adapted from She Wears Many Hats
7 1.5 oz Hershey's Chocolate Bars with Almonds
1 8 oz tub Cool Whip
1 1/4 C ground graham cracker crumbs
5 T butter, melted
1 large Hershey bar
1 potato peeler
1. To make your crust, mix the graham cracker crumbs, salt and butter together in a small bowl.
2. Press the mixture into a 9 inch pie plate. I like to use a small measuring cup to help me shape the crust.
3. Unwrap the beautiful bars o' chocolate.
4. Break them up into pieces and place them in a microwave safe bowl.
5. Melt them in the microwave for 30 seconds. Only 30 seconds now my pie lovin' friends. Burned chocolate can really put me in a bad mood. Try to stay clear of that kind of upset to your day. Stir up your chocolate. Return the bowl to the microwave for another 30 seconds. Stir......repeat these steps until you have smooth chocolate.
6. Add the cool whip to your chocolate.
7. Stir it all around until both ingredients are mixed well.
8. Pour the lovely mixture into your crust.
9. To make the chocolate shavings simply take your peeler to the side of the large chocolate bar, and peel off some of the chocolate. It works best if the chocolate is a bit warm. Not melted, just warm. Leave it in the windowsill for a while, or just hold it (with the wrapper on) in your hand for a minute or two.
10. Cover and refrigerate until firm. About 4-5 hours. Enjoy!