Healthy Egg Drop Soup
Yield: 10 servings
Time: 8 minutes prep + 20 minutes cooking
Recipe from MyHandsomeHusband
12 C water
11 bullion cubes
1/2 C chopped carrots
1/2 C frozen peas
2 T soy sauce
1/2 T rice vinegar
pinch red pepper flakes
1/2 t sesame oil
2-4 T olive oil
4 beaten eggs
1/2 bunch green onions, chopped.
1. Place all ingredients but the eggs, green onions, and the peas in a large pot.
2. Bring to a hard rolling boil. Let it just a keep on boiling until your carrots are tender.
3. Add your peas let it boil until they are heated through. This shouldn't take long, only 2 minutes or so.
4. Add your eggs while the soup is still at the hard rolling boil. They should cook up pretty fast for you.
4. Remove from the heat when the eggs are cooked and add your green onions. Enjoy!
This is a great light soup for summer. I could seriously eat it for breakfast lunch and dinner. All but 1 of my children love it as well. That makes it a definite keeper! Hope you enjoy it!
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up! (www.jamiecooksitup.blogspot.com)