Yield: 12 muffins
Time: 30 minutes or less!
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
1 1/2 C flour
1 C cornmeal
1/2 C sugar
1 t baking soda
2 t baking powder
1 t salt
1/2 C blended up canned corn (don't get all squeemish on me)
1 egg, whisked with a fork until frothy
3 T butter, melted
1. In a small food processor or in a blender process your can of corn until it is all saucy and smooth. Don't worry your pretty little head about this ingredient. I fed these lovely treasures to a bunch of neighbor kids and they all loved them. They didn't even realize they had less fat. This blended up corn will replace some of the butter that the original recipe called for. Only some folks. We don't want to omit the butter all together now do we?
2. In a mixing bowl combine the 1/2 C blended corn, egg and melted butter. Mix with a wooden spoon.
3. In a separate bowl combine all other ingredients.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir just until combined.
5. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray. Carefully spoon the batter into each cup. Only fill them 2/3 of the way. You want to leave room for them to rise up.
6. Bake at 350 for 13-16 minutes. Enjoy!