Time: 10 minutes prep + 1 hour cooking time
Yield: 8 servings
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
***NOTE:For this recipe I used a pre-made, purchased, I am not a pioneer, sometimes I need to save time, pastry crust. If you would like to make your own, I hope you will! My hats are off to ya. You can find a great recipe by clicking here.
1 (9 inch, deep dish) pastry crust
2 C half and half
1/4 t salt
1/4 t pepper
1/4 t smoked paprika
1 C cheddar cheese, grated
1/3 C green onion
3/4 C diced ham
1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Crack 4 eggs into a medium sized mixing bowl. Beat them well with a fork.
2. Add 2 cups half and half, a 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika. Stir all of the ingredients together well. I like to use a fork.
3. If you are using a pre-made pie crust, it's a good idea to put it (baking tin and all) inside a pie plate. That way if the filling comes over the edge a bit, you won't have a mess on the floor. Place 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese in the bottom of your unbaked pie crust.
4. Chop up 1/3 of a cup of green onions and sprinkle them over the cheese.
5. Add 3/4 cup diced ham.
6. Pour the egg/cream mixture over the top of the ham.
7. Carefully, oh so carefully place it in a oven and bake it at 425 degrees for 20 minutes.
8. Reduce the heat to 325 degrees and cook it for another 45 minutes.
9. Let the quiche rest for about 5 minutes before cutting into it.