Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
2 bulbs garlic
1 (8 ounce) package mushrooms
1 red onion
2 small sweet red peppers
2 small sweet orange peppers
10 stalks asparagus
Salt and Pepper
1 T fresh lemon juice
1/2 C grated Parmesan cheese
1. Peel the garlic. You can see (hopefully) that I haven't chopped the garlic. You'll want to leave each clove whole. Don't get worried about having horrible garlic breath or anything. While the garlic grills away, and gets all caramelized on the outside it becomes very mild and oh so delicious. Seriously. Would I lie to you? About garlic breath! Never in a million years. :)
2. Roughly chop all of the vegetables.
3. Heat your grill up over medium high heat, until the thermometer reaches 350 or so. Then, turn the temperature down to low.
4. Grab some tin foil and line your grill with a nice long piece. Turn the edges of the foil up just a bit so you can be sure to catch all of the wonderful juices your veggies are going to make.
5. Drizzle the tin foil with olive oil.
6. Carefully pour the vegetables out over the foil. Drizzle them with more olive oil.
7. Sprinkle some salt and pepper over the top.
8. Cover the grill and let them cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
9. When the vegetables are cooked through, (the onions should be translucent and the garlic should have a nice golden brown color) use a metal spatula to scoop them off of the tin foil and into a large bowl.
10. Squeeze 1 tablespoon lemon juice (about half of one lemon) onto the veggies.
11. Sprinkle 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese over the top and give it all a nice stir. Taste it and add more salt and pepper if needed.
Serve and enjoy!