Time: 3 hours to marinate + 20 minutes grilling time
Yield: 5 servings
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
4-5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 C Kraft Light Zesty Italian Salad Dressing
1 pint grape tomatoes
3 cloves of garlic
1 T olive oil
2 t balsamic vinegar
freshly cracked salt and pepper
1 1/2 T fresh basil
2 C mozzarella cheese, grated
1/2 C Parmesan cheese, grated
8 oz. spaghetti noodles
2 T butter
salt and pepper
1. Throw your chicken breasts and 1 C of the salad dressing into a gallon sized zip loc freezer bag. Carefully seal the bag and refrigerate for at least 3 and up to 24 hours. Then pat yourself on the back for getting your act together and having a plan for dinner....right in the middle of the summer. Good for you. I'm so proud to know ya.
2. Just before you are ready to grill your chicken, make the Bruschetta. Chop all the tomatoes in half and toss them into a medium sized mixing bowl.
3. Peel your garlic and chop it into rough pieces.
Then chop up your basil. If you have some growing fresh in your garden....bless your beautiful hide. You are a better woman (or man) than I am. If you live within 25 miles of here, I sure hope you like to share.
4. Pour in your balsamic vinegar and drizzle the olive oil over the top.
5. Sprinkle some freshly cracked salt and pepper, stir it all up and then taste it. Yes...dig right in. If your tomatoes are lacking in sweetness then add just a bit of sugar. You don't want to kill it over with sweetness now. Just give it a bit of help if your tomatoes are lacking. Adjust the salt and pepper as well, if needed.
6. Get your mozzarella cheese grated.
7. Head out to the grill and cook your chicken up over medium high heat. While it's cooking boil some water and cook your spaghetti noodles.
8. When the chicken is cooked through, turn the grills temperature down to low. Place a disposable 9x13 pan onto the grill. Put your cooked chicken into the pan. Cover the chicken with the Bruschetta.
9. Sprinkle it with the Mozzarella cheese and then cover the grill.
Let it cook for 7-10 more minutes, or until the sauce is bubbly and the cheese in nicely melted.
10. Toss your cooked pasta with 2 T butter and sprinkle it with salt and pepper to taste. Cover the pasta with this beautiful chicken and bruschetta. Be sure to get all of the yummy juices from the pan as well. Sprinkle it with Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.