Time:15 minutes hands on + 20 minutes to set
Yield: about 15 cups
Recipe from my wonderful sister Alli Bahr
6 C Corn Chex Cereal
6 C Golden Graham Cereal
1 C slivered almonds
1 C sweetened coconut
1 C butter
1 C light corn syrup
1 C sugar
1. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper, or wax paper. If you don't have either of these, just spray the sheets with cooking spray and call it good.
2. Find your self some Corn Chex Cereal and some Golden Grahams Cereal. Toss 6 cups of each into a large mixing bowl.
3. Add 1 cup of coconut and 1 cup of slivered almonds.
4. Take a big wooden spoon and give it all a nice stir.
5. Into a medium sized sauce pan place 1 cup butter, 1 cup sugar and 1 cup light corn syrup.
6. Get the pan to the stove and bring it to a boil over medium high heat, stirring constantly. Let it boil for 4 minutes (keep stirring, won't you?).
7. Pour the sugary sweet gooey delight from the pan over the top of the cereal/coconut mixture.
8. Stir the mixture well, making sure all of the cereal gets coated.
9. Pour the mix out onto the lined cookie sheets. Let the yummy concoction cool and set for about 15-20 minutes. Don't be tempted to leave it in the your mixing bowl. It will stick together like crazy. Letting it set up on the sheets works a lot better. Once it has set up a bit, break it into chunks and store it in an airtight container.