Time: 45 minutes
CHEESE AND HERB TOPPING:
1. Preheat your oven to 170 degrees. Mix the water, sugar and yeast together in a measuring cup or in the bottom of your mixer. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
2. Add the salt and the flour, one cup at a time, until it is well incorporated. Mix on high for 5 minutes. Let the dough rest for 5 minutes.
3. Melt the butter and pour half of it into a jelly roll pan (large cookie sheet).
4. Place the dough in the center of the pan. Let it sit for 2 or 3 minutes. Letting the dough rest makes it MUCH easier to shape.
5. Spread the dough out flat onto the pan until it reaches all of the edges. Doing all of the spreading and cutting of these bread sticks, in the pan makes cleaning up your counter so much easier!
6. Once the dough is spread out, cut in half with a pizza cutter.
7. Pour the rest of the melted butter over each half of the dough and spread it around with your hands so that it evenly covers the dough.
8. Combine 1 teaspoon granulated garlic, 1/2 teaspoon oregano, 1 teaspoon italian seasoning and 1/2 teaspoon thyme together in a small bowl. Sprinkle the seasonings evenly all over the top of the buttery dough.
10. Roll each dough half up, starring with the long end of each.
11. Take a sharp knife and cup each roll into 12 small pinwheels.
12. Lay each roll flat along the cookie sheet. Pop the pan into your warm oven and let the rolls rise for about 5-10 minutes. Turn your oven up to 350 degrees (leaving the rolls inside, please. They will continue to rise a bit as the oven temperature rises.) Once your oven has reached 350 degrees the rolls should cook for about 10 minutes, or until the tops and bottoms are golden brown.
13. Remove the pan from the heat and let the rolls rest on the pan for about 5 minutes. Serve and enjoy!