Time: 15 minutes hands on + 2 hours chilling time
Yield: 1 pie
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
1 Oreo Cookie Crust (I purchased a pre-made crust, but you could make your own if you wish. See this recipe for directions.)
3 C half and half
1 (5.9 ounce) box instant chocolate pudding
1/3 C chopped pecans
1/3 C coconut
2/3 C milk chocolate chips (plus a few extra for decoration)
1 (12 ounce) carton Cool Whip
1. In your stand mixer, or large mixing bowl beat 3 cups half and half and the chocolate pudding together until thick.
2. Add 1/3 C chopped pecans and 1/3 cup coconut. Mix the ingredients just until all are well combined.
3. Toss 2/3 cup milk chocolate chips into a glass measuring cup. Heat it in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir the chocolate and heat it for another 30 seconds. Repeat until the chocolate is smooth, being careful not to get it too hot.
4. Pour the melted chocolate onto the Oreo Crust and spread it around evenly with the back of a spoon. Or you could use a knife or a rubber spatula or your fingers or whatever suits your fancy.
5. Dish the pudding mixture onto the crust right over the top of that heavenly melted chocolate.
6. Spread the pudding out evenly with a knife.
7. Pipe the cool whip in large round swirly peaks over the top of the pie. Or if you hate swirly peaks, just spread it over the top with a knife, mounding it up in the center.
8. Place a few chocolate chips over the top of the Cool Whip.
9. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.