Time: 10 min. hands on + 5 hours to chill
Yield: 24 little pops
Recipe adapted from Real Women Of Philadelphia
1 3 oz box cherry jello
1 3 oz box lime jello
1 3 oz box watermelon jello
1 3 oz box orange jello
1 1/3 C sugar
4 C boiling water
3 C crushed ice
24 small cups (3 ounces each)
24 popsicle sticks
1. Pour one package of your jello into a medium sized bowl. It works best if you have a bowl that has a handle and a spout.
2. Add 1/3 C of sugar to your jello, stir to combine.
3. Pour 1 C of hot water into a glass measuring cup, pop it into the microwave for 2 minutes or until the water boils. Pour the boiling water over the top of the sugar/jello mixture.
4. Stir it well, with a spoon. Be sure all of the sugar and jello are dissolved in the boiling water.
5. Pour 3/4 C crushed ice into your jello mixture. Stir it until all of the ice has melted and is incorporated.
6. Place your little cups in a large pan. Pour the jello into the cups.
7. Repeat steps 1-6 with the other 3 flavors of jello.
8. Put your pan full of jello cups into the freezer for 20 minutes. The jello pops will begin to set up. Once they are a little bit firm, remove them from the freezer and slide the sticks into the center of each pop.
9. Return the pan to the freezer and leave it there for at least 5 hours.
10. When you are ready to eat these pretty little pops, cut a slit in the side of each cup with a pair of scissors. Pull the pop out...
and eat it up. :)