Time: 10 minutes prep + 6-8 hours in the crock
Yield: 8 servings
Recipe from Our Best Bites
1 3-4 pound beef roast
1 T olive oil
salt and pepper
2 1 oz packages Lipton Onion Soup mix
4 C hot water
2 beef bullion cubes
8 rolls (something with a good sturdy crust on it)
Provolone, Swiss or Mozzarella Cheese Slices (optional)
1. Heat up a large skillet. Add the olive oil to the pan.
2. Sprinkle your roast with salt and pepper and place it in the pan. Let it get nice and seared on each side.
3. Place the roast in your crock pot. Sprinkle the Onion Soup mix over the top.
4. Let your bullion cubes dissolve in the hot water and then pour it over the roast.
5. Put the lid on your crock and cook on high for 6-8 hours. Take the roast out and shred it up with a fork about 1 hour before you are ready to serve. Put the shredded beef back in the crock and let it cook in all those yummy juices for the last hour.
6. Spread just a bit of softened butter on your rolls. Toast them on a griddle. Then add the meat and some cheese if you'd like.
7. Pour the hot juices left in the crock into small bowls for dipping.