Time: 20 minutes hands on + 3 hours freezing
Yield: 20 truffles
Recipe from MyDearMother
2 C crushed Nilla wafers
1 large (7 ounce) Hershey Bar
1 (8 ounce) carton Cool Whip
1. Break up the chocolate bar and place it into a medium sized microwave safe bowl.
2. Melt it in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir the chocolate and return it to the microwave. Heat it again for 30 seconds and stir. Repeat until the chocolate is smooth and melted.
3. Add the cool whip to the melted chocolate.
4. Stir well with a wooden spoon until both ingredients are well combined. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 3 hours.
5. In a small food processor grind the nilla wafers into fine crumbs, and then pour the crumbs into a small bowl.
6. Use a spoon the scrape some of the frozen chocolate out of the bowl.
7. Use a spoon to roll the chocolate ball around in the crumbs.
8. Place the truffles onto a tray lined with wax paper. Cover and store them in the freezer.