Yield: 2 -12 inch pizza crusts
Time: 5 minutes prep + 2 hours to rise + 15 minutes baking
Recipe from The Pioneer Woman
1 t yeast
1 1/2 C warm water
4 C flour
1 t salt
1/3 C olive oil
1. Sprinkle yeast over the top of your warm water.
2. Combine the flour and salt in the bottom of your mixer.
3. Pour the olive oil in and mix just just until combined.
4. Pour the yeast and water mixture into the flour.
5. Mix just until combined.
6. Cover and set aside. Let it rise until double in size. OR....and the beauty is.....you can put it in the fridge and let it rise throughout the day. Love that.
7. Punch the dough down and divide it in half. Let each piece rest on a pizza stone or sprayed cookie sheet for 5 minutes. Then stretch it out as thin or thick as you like.
Homemade Red Sauce
Yield: 2 -12 inch pizzas
Time: 5 minutes
Recipe adapted from Mel's Kitchen Cafe
1 -14.5 oz can Italian Stewed Tomatoes
1 small can tomato paste
1 t sugar
1 t dried oregano
1 t dried basil
1/2 t garlic powder
1/2 t salt
1/2 t lemon juice
pinch red pepper flakes
1. Combine all ingredients into a small food processor and blend. No mini food processor? You could easily just use a whisk to combine it all together.
2. Spread it onto your pizza dough...top with your favorite toppings, some mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
3. Bake your pizza at 475 degrees for about 15 minutes.