Yield: approximately 28 pops
Time: 10 min. prep + 1 hour in the freezer + 15 minutes dipping
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
1 -16 oz package Candy Quick chocolate coating (you could also use 1 1/2 packages of chocolate chips melted with 1/2 t of Crisco)
28 medium sized sucker sticks (found at Walmart or any craft store)
A combination of toppings....Sprinkles, crushed oreos, toffee pieces, coconut...whatever you choose, fancy pants. (Go easy on the birds seed, that would not be tasty.)
You will need about 3 C total.
1. Cut each banana into 4 pieces and lay them in a 9x13 pan that has been lined with wax paper. Stick the sucker sticks into the center of each banana piece. Put the pan in the freezer for 1 hour, or until the sucker sticks are firmly embedded into the bananas.
2. The Candy Quick melting chocolate comes in this handy-dandy melting tray you can just pop into the microwave. Be careful about letting it get too hot. Only heat it up 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each cooking interval. Then pour it into a liquid measuring cup.
3. Place all of your toppings into small little bowls.
4. Dip each of the frozen bananas into the chocolate and then immediately into one of the toppings. I will warn you that once you have dipped each of the bananas into the chocolate it will begin to harden pretty quickly. Get it right into the topping bowl, or you will miss your window of opportunity. The toppings will not stick, my friends.
5. Set the dipped and topped banana pop (say that fast 3 times!) back onto your wax paper.
6. When you have dipped and topped them all put them back into the freezer until the chocolate is totally set up. Enjoy!
Store any leftovers in the freezer.
from recipe site Jamie Cooks It Up! (www.jamiecooksitup.blogspot.com)