Time: 15 min. prep + 15 minutes baking
Yield: will feed about 6 people
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
1 loaf french bread (I used 2 medium sized loaves of my Homemade French Bread)
1/4 C softened butter
2 small packages pepperoni
2 C mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 1/2 C Parmesan cheese, shredded
Italian Herb Seasoning Grinder (from McCormick)
Recipe adapted from Mel's Kitchen Cafe
1 -14.5 oz can Italian Stewed Tomatoes
1 small can tomato paste
1 t sugar
1 t dried oregano
1 t dried basil
1/2 t garlic powder
1/2 t salt
1/2 t lemon juice
pinch red pepper flakes
1. Put all sauce ingredients into a small food processor and blend until smooth.
2. Cut your French Bread into 1 1/2 inch slices.
3. Spread a bit of butter on one side of each slice.
4. Lay the buttered side down on a large cookie sheet. Cover with some red sauce.
5. Add a bit of the Mozzarella.
6. Lay on those pepperoni, baby.
7. Cover with some Parmesan.
8. Grind a little Italian Seasoning over the top.
9. Bake in a 400 degree oven for about 15 minutes. Or...until the bottoms are crispy and golden and the tops are melted and bubbly.