Time: 10 min. prep + 13 min. baking + time to cool
Yield: 30-40 bars, cut them as large or small as you like
Recipe from my sweet friend Stephanie Schaugard
14 whole graham crackers (about 1 1/2 packages)
5 cups mini marshmallows
1 (12 ounce) package milk chocolate chips
1/2 C pecans, chopped
1 C butter
1 C brown sugar
1 t vanilla
1. Spray a large cookie sheet with cooking spray. Break each graham cracker in half and lay it out on the pan. Don't worry if the edges of the crackers don't all touch, the caramel will help to bind them together.
2. Spread the chocolate chips out evenly over the crackers and sprinkle them with the chopped pecans.
3. Toss your mini marshmallows evenly over the top of the chocolate.
5. Place 1 cup of butter and 1 cup of brown sugar into a medium sized sauce pan. Heat it on the stove over medium high heat, stirring occasionally. Once the mixture starts to boil and the ingredients have combined well and are no longer separated remove the pan from the heat and stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla and a dash of salt.
6. Find yourself a nice big spoon and drizzle the caramel all over the top of the marshmallows.
7. Pop the pan into a 350 degree oven and let them bake for 12-13 minutes. You want to watch for the marshmallows to puff up and get golden brown along the tops.
8. Remove the pan from the oven and let the bars cool completely before cutting. They are much easier to cut if the chocolate and caramel has had time to set up. After the bars have come to room temperature you can pop the pan in the fridge for 10 minutes or so and the chocolate will set right up. If you prefer to eat them gooey and puffy hot off the pan, well then. Disregard the refrigeration idea and dig right in. :)