Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 12 pieces
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
1/2 C butter, softened
1/4 C mayonnaise (I use Best Foods)
1/2 t garlic salt
1 t parsley
Parmesan Cheese (the kind in the green bottle)
1 loaf french bread
NOTE: If you are using homemade Fabulous French Bread, you will most likely need two loaves.
ANOTHER NOTE: If you are using just plain old Granulated Garlic or Garlic Powder you will want to add about 1/8 teaspoon of salt.
1. In a small bowl combine the butter, mayonnaise, garlic salt and parsley. Stir it all together until well combined.
2. Heat up your skillet, or griddle over medium high heat. Cut your bread into slices about 1 and 1/2 inches thick.
3. Butter BOTH sides of each piece of bread.
4. Lay several slices on the skillet.
5. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the top of each piece of bread. Carefully tap it in to be sure it sticks to the buttery spread.
6. When the bottoms of the slices are golden brown, flip them over and let them get browned on the other side.
7. Serve while still hot off the griddle.