Time: 20 min. hands on + 50 minutes baking
Yield: 12 servings
Recipe for the cake from Cindi Schut
Recipe for the Hot Fudge from MyHandsomeHusband
1 devils food cake mix
1 small package instant chocolate pudding
1/3 C flour
1/3 C oil
1 1/2 C water
1 t vanilla
1/3 C sour cream
1/2 C semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 C milk chocolate chips
***Note: Use regular sized chocolate chips here. The large ones will make a big mess!***
HOMEMADE HOT FUDGE:
2 T unsweetened cocoa powder
2 T cornstarch
1 C sugar
1 12 oz can evaporated milk
2 T butter
1 t vanilla
dash of salt
1. In a large mixing bowl, or in your stand mixer add the cake mix, pudding and 1/3 C flour. Stir it all around to combine.
2. Add all other cake ingredients (but the chocolate chips). Mix on low for about 1 minute. Then mix on medium speed until the batter is nice and smooth. This should take about 2 minutes.
3. Spray a bundt pan generously with cooking spray. Pour the batter into the pan.
4. Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top of the cake batter.
5. Bake at 350 for 50-55 minutes. (For convection ovens bake at 325 for 40 minutes)
6. Invert your cake onto a cooling rack if you are several hours away from serving. However it is just DOWN RIGHT LUSCIOUS warm from the oven. If you are going to serve it right away, invert it directly onto your serving platter.
HOMEMADE HOT FUDGE
1. In the bottom of a medium sized sauce pan combine the cocoa, cornstarch and sugar.
2. Pour your can of milk over the top of the dry ingredients. Add the vanilla, pinch of salt and only 1 T of the butter.
3. Stir the concoction up over medium heat. After it comes to a boil cook for 3 more minutes while stirring. The sauce should thicken as it boils.
4. Remove it from the heat and add 1 more T of butter. Stir the butter around until incorporated. Let it sit for about 10 minutes before pouring it on your cake.
***NOTE: If you would like to freeze this cake, please do. This cake and the freezer are good pals. Just remember NOT to pour the hot fudge on until you are ready to serve it. When you are ready to eat this lovely confection heat the cake up in the microwave. Heat the Hot Fudge up as well and pour it over the top of the cake. You will be all set.***