Time: 15 minutes prep + 20-30 minutes baking
Yield: 4 servings
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
1 zucchini, medium sized will do
1/4 C milk
1 1/2 C panko bread crumbs
1 1/2 t Italian seasoning
1/2 t granulated garlic
2 T Parmesan cheese
1/4 t salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1. Find yourself a medium zucchini. Pick it from your garden, beg it off a friend or buy one at the store. Cut the ends off. Slice it in half and then slice each half into 1/2 inch strips.
Separate the strips in two and lay them face down. Slice each group into strips.
2. Crack and egg and toss it into a loaf pan. (The egg...not the shell). Take a fork and beat the egg until it's nice and frothy. Add 1/4 cup of milk and whisk it in.
3. Pour 1 1/2 cups of Panko bread crumbs into another loaf pan.
4. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic, 2 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon of pepper to the panko bread crumbs. Give it a nice stir to combine.
5. Dredge each zucchini slice into the egg mixture and then press it into the seasoned panko bread crumbs.
6. Place each coated zucchini fry on a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
7. Bake at 425 degrees for 20-30 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy. Sprinkle them with a bit more salt when they come out of the oven. Serve with marinara sauce, click here for a super recipe.