Crispy Parmesan and Garlic Chicken
Time: 10 minutes hands on + 4-12 hours marinating + 30 minutes baking
Yield: 7 servings
Recipe adapted from Kalyns Kitchen
5 large chicken breasts
1 T minced garlic (I used the bottled variety)
1/3 C olive oil
3/4 t poultry seasoning
3/4 C panko bread crumbs (Italian Bread Crumbs would also be fine)
3/4 C Parmesan cheese (the kind in the green bottle)
Spaghetti Sauce of your choice
1. Pour 1 T garlic, 1/3 C olive oil and 3/4 t poultry seasoning into a small sauce pan. Warm it over medium heat for 1 minute.
2. With a sharp pair of kitchen scissors cut each chicken breast in half. Then, with a sharp knife cut a couple of long slits in the top of each chicken piece. Be careful not to cut all the way through. You just want a few slits here and there to allow the marinade to soak in.
3. Toss your chicken into a ziploc bag and pour the warm marinate over the top of it.
4. Seal your bag up carefully and tip it upside down to allow the marinate to run throughout the bag. Put it in your fridge and let it hang out there for at least 4 hours, and up to 24. Then go wrap some presents or bake something or hit the store for some stocking stuffers, will ya?
5. When you are ready to bake (and eat....:) preheat your oven to 425 and take your chicken out of the fridge.
6. Pour 3/4 C panko bread crumbs and 3/4 C parmesan cheese into a loaf pan. Smash them together with a fork to combine.
7. Dip each piece of chicken into the cheese and bread crumb mixture. Press it into the chicken with your fingers.
8. Spray a large cookie sheet with cooking spray.
9. Bake your chicken for 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
10. Serve with spaghetti sauce and spaghetti noodles. This chicken is also wonderful the next day, heated in the microwave and then tossed with salad greens and Olive Garden Dressing.