Time: 10 minutes hands on + 20 minutes baking
Yield: 7-8 servings
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
6 russet potatoes
2 T olive oil
1/2 t oregano
1/2 t thyme
4 T Parmesan Cheese (I used Kraft)
Salt and Pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
2. Wash your potatoes well. Slice them into 5 or 6 half inch pieces.
3. Divide the slices in half and lay each half face down in a stack. Slice each stack into 4 or 5 half inch slices. Cutting your potatoes this way will make them even in size (for the most part, don't get a ruler out or anything) allowing them cook evenly.
4. Toss your pretty potatoes into a large bowl and drizzle 2 tablespoons of olive oil over the top of them. Take a large pair of tongs and toss the fries around, making sure they all get a bit of oil on them.
5. Measure 1/2 teaspoon oregano and 1/2 teaspoon of thyme out into your hand. Crunch the seasonings between your fingers as your sprinkle them over the top of the potatoes. This really enhances the flavor of the seasonings.
6. Add a bit of salt and pepper and then sprinkle 4 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese over the top.
7. Toss it all together, making sure every potato gets some of the coating.
8. Spray 2 large cookie sheets with cooking spray and lay the potatoes out evenly.
9. Bake for about 20 minutes, stirring once or twice while they cook. When they are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside they are done.