Time: 15 min. prep + 3 hours refrigeration
Yield: One 9x13 pan full
Recipe from my dear friend Pam Slade
1 (29 ounce) can pears
1 C pear juice
1 C hot water
1 (6 ounce) box raspberry jello
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 (12 ounce) carton cool whip, thawed
1. Open up your can of pears and pour one cup of the juice into a large glass measuring cup. Discard the remaining juice.
2. Pour one cup of hot water over the top of the pear juice. Heat it up in the microwave for 2 minutes, or until it starts to boil.
3. Pour the contents of one large box of raspberry jello into your hot water/juice mixture.
Stir it around with a spoon until all of the jello granules dissolve. Pop it into your fridge (or freezer) to let it cool down. You don't want it to set up, just cool the old girl down.
4. Pour the pears into a blender. Add the softened cream cheese and blend the two together.
5. When your jello water has cooled down enough (lukewarm is fine) pour it into the blender.
Add a 12 ounce container of cool whip and blend until smooth and lovely.
6. Pour the jello mixture into a 9x13 pan, cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or until set up.