Time: 20 minutes prep + 1 hour to chill
Yield: 10 servings
Recipe adapted from my dear sister in law Cynthia Gull
1 (16 ounce) package bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 (16 ounce) package large shell pasta
1 1/2 pounds grape tomatoes
3 green onions, chopped
3/4 C sour cream
3/4 C mayonaise
3/4 C buttermilk
1 (1 ounce) package Hidden Valley Ranch Dip Mix
salt and pepper
1. Cook your bacon, either on the stove top or on a large cookie sheet in your oven. When it is cooked through remove it to a plate and pat the grease off with some paper towels. Set it aside.
2. Boil your pasta according to package directions. Pour it into a strainer that you have placed in your sink. Pour cold water all over the pasta until it comes to room temperature. Set it aside.
3. Slice the little grape tomatoes in half and toss them into a large mixing bowl.
4. Chop up 3 green onions and add them to the tomatoes.
5. Pour your cooked pasta into the bowl.
6. In a small mixing bowl combine 3/4 C sour cream, 3/4 Cup mayonaise, 3/4 C buttermilk and one Hidden Valley Ranch packet. Stir it well to combine, making sure all of the ingredients are well incorporated.
7. Crumble up your bacon and add it to the pasta mixture.
8. Pour half of the dressing over the top of the pasta and stir it well. Cover and refrigerate for one hour, or until you are ready to serve. Make sure to refrigerate the remaining dressing as well.
9. When you are ready to eat this tasty salad, pour the remaining dressing over the top. Stir it well, making sure all of the ingredients are covered with dressing. Taste it and add a bit of salt and pepper if needed.
Serve and Enjoy!