Time: 10 minutes prep! + 5 hours to cook
Yield: 6 servings
Recipe created by Jamie Cooks It Up!
5 FROZEN chicken breasts (don't you love it when you can start with frozen! Me too...)
1 1/2 C salsa
2 cans cream of chicken soup (I use 98% fat free)
2 1/2 T taco seasoning
1 T maple syrup (Yum. Trust me. It adds a lot of yum....
and I know you have some in your pantry!)
1 t lime juice (you can use bottled)
1 T butter
1/2 C sour cream (I use light)
Serve over Tortilla chips or Tortillas.
Top with tomatoes, onions, cheddar cheese, lettuce, perhaps a little cilantro, sliced avocado? Maybe we are gourmet after all!
1. Spray the inside of your crock pot with cooking spray and place the FROZEN chicken breasts inside.
2. In a small mixing bowl stir together all other ingredients but the butter and sour cream.
3. Pour the sauce over the top of the chicken. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
4. Take the chicken out of the crock and onto a plate. Shred it all up with a fork and throw it back in.
5. Add the little pat of butter and the sour cream, stir it all around until incorporated.
6. Cook for 1 more hour.