Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 5 sandwiches
Recipe idea from Costco
5 square sandwich rolls (Torta or Cabaccia rolls)
1/2 C pesto
1/3 C mayonnaise (I used Best Foods Light)
1 pound sliced turkey breast
1 large tomato
1/2 red onion
5 slices provolone cheese
1. Find yourself some nice Torta or Cabbacia rolls. Slice each roll in half and lay them out on a large cookie sheet you have lined with tin foil.
2. In a small bowl combine 1/2 cup pesto and 1/3 cup mayonnaise.
3. Spread the pesto/mayo mixture over both sides of each roll.
4. Thinly slice 1 tomato and about half of a red onion.
5. Layer the tomato and red onion over half of the rolls. Lay the turkey out over the other half of the rolls.
6. Cover the tomatoes and onions with a nice big slice of provolone cheese.
7. Bake these beauties in the oven at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Turn the oven to broil, and let the cheese get nice and golden brown. Be careful here, you don't want to scorch the heck out of them, which can happen quickly, so keep a close eye, won't you?
8. Put each of the sandwich halves together and enjoy!