Time: 10 min. prep + 35 minutes baking
Yield: 12 slices
Recipe from the lovely Julie Thomson
1 C flour
1 C cornmeal
3/4 C sugar
1 t baking soda
1 t salt
1 C buttermilk (I add about 1 t vinegar into regular milk as a buttermilk substitute)
1/2 C oil
1. Combine the dry ingredients in a medium sized mixing bowl.
2. Whisk the eggs up until frothy and add the oil and milk.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix. Just mix with a wooden spoon here....you don't need to mix the heck out of it, just until it's combined.
4. Pour the batter into a 9x9 pan, or a 9 inch pie dish...be sure it's the deep dish kind.
5. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes. Enjoy!