Yield: 48 truffles
Time: about 40 min hands on time + 2 hours to freeze before dipping
Recipe adapted from Mels Kitchen Cafe
1/2 C butter, softened
3/4 C brown sugar, packed
2 1/4 C flour
1 -14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1 t vanilla
1/2 C mini chocolate chips
2 -12 oz bags semi sweet chocolate chips
1/4 C milk chocolate chips
1 T shortening, divided
1. Cream your butter and brown sugar together until light and fluffy.
2. Add the flour, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla and mix well.
3. Stir in the mini chocolate chips.
4. Shape into 1 inch balls and place on a sprayed cookie sheet. Cover with saran wrap and freeze for 1-2 hours. You want them to be firm here folks. It makes the dipping a lot easier.
5. In a liquid measuring cup (I used the cup that will hold 16 oz, or 2 cups) melt your semi sweet chocolate in the microwave. Only heat it for 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating interval.
Add about 2 t of shortening to the chocolate and stir to incorporate.
6. Dip each frozen cookie dough ball into the chocolate and then place on wax paper.
7. Melt the milk chocolate in the microwave and add 1 t shortening. Stir it well and then drizzle it over the tops of the truffles.
7. Put the truffles back in the fridge to set for about 15 minutes.