Time: 15 min. prep + 45 minutes to bake
Yield: 12-15 servings
Recipe from Taste Of Home
2 C sugar
2 t vanilla
2 C flour
2 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
1 C milk
1/4 C butter
1 1/2 C packed brown sugar
3/4 C butter, melted
1/2 C half and half
2 C flaked coconut
1. In a medium sized mixing bowl, or in your stand mixer beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla for 4 minutes. It will thicken up a bit while you mix.
2. In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
3. Add it to the buttery egg combo and mix just until combined.
4. In a sauce pan bring the milk and butter to a boil, stirring constantly.
5.Pour it into your batter. Beat until well combined.
6. Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray. Pour the batter into the pan.
7. Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes.
8. While the cake bakes, mix all frosting ingredients together.
9. When the cake is done remove it from the oven and turn the oven to broil. Pour the ooey-gooey frosting over the top of the warm cake. Spread it around carefully with a knife.
10. Return the cake to the oven and let the frosting become browned. Be careful here, my friends. It can burn ever so quickly. It only needs to broil for about 3-4 minutes.
Enjoy it warm. Oh, how you will enjoy it if you eat it warm...!
Or enjoy it the next day as a delectable delight. How ever you determine to eat it....I do believe you will find yourself full of enjoyment.