Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 14 deviled eggs
Recipe adapted from Miss Paula Dean
7 hard boiled eggs, see tutorial here
3 T mayonnaise (I use Best Foods Light)
2 T salad dressing (I use Miracle Whip Light)
2 t honey mustard
1 T sweet pickle relish (optional, but really wonderful in my opinion. The rest of my family likes them without relish, so please be aware and make your choice Relish or I Hate Relish, according your very specific and important desires.)
Salt and Pepper to taste
Paprika or Smoked Paprika, either one is fine
1. Hard boil, and then peel yourself 7 lovely eggs. Tutorial found here.
2. Slice your eggs in half with a knife.
3. Carefully pull out the cooked yolks and toss them into a medium sized mixing bowl.
4. Add 3 tablespoon of mayonnaise (that's the Best Foods) and 2 tablespoons of salad dressing (yes, you guessed it. The Miracle Whip). Now, you may be wondering why I have used both of these instead of just one. They have very different tastes. The Best Foods has a really smooth, creamy taste, and the Miracle Whip has a slightly sweet, zippy taste. The combination of the two gives you the best of both creamy and zippy.
5. To your bowl add 2 teaspoons honey mustard, a little bit of salt and pepper and 1 tablespoon pickle relish, if you have opted to use it.
6. Mix all ingredients together with a fork, smashing the egg yolks as you go.
7. Scoop the filling into the eggs and sprinkle them with paprika. I have confessed several times recently about how much I love Smoked Paprika. Ah, the sweet smokey sent of it is fabulous. If you don't have any, no worries. Just use regular paprika, or don't use paprika at all. What ever suits your fancy. :)
8. Cover lightly with plastic wrap and store them in the fridge until you are ready to serve.