Time: 30 minutes
Yield: about 15 servings
Recipe from Katherine Rose
24 C popped popcorn (1 C unpopped)
1 16 oz bag cinnamon bears
1 C butter
1/2 C corn syrup
1 1/2 C sugar
1 t vanilla
4 C mini marshmallows
red food coloring
1. Pop up your popcorn. Sprinkle it with just a bit of salt and set it aside.
2. Snip your cinnamon bears up with a pair of kitchen scissors.
Have I mentioned before how handy scissors are in the kitchen? They make projects go so much faster. I'm not against knifes or anything. Wouldn't want to get on the bad side of a knife at all, actually. Just saying that kitchen scissors are a great way to speed up the cutting process. They too, are The Bomb Dot Com.
3. In a medium sized sauce pan combine the butter, corn syrup and sugar. Heat it over medium to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Remove it from the heat and add your vanilla, marshmallows and red food coloring.
5. Isn't that a fun pretty color! You could of course add more food coloring for a darker pink. Mix it all around to get everything melted in and combined.
6. Stir in the bears.
7. Add the mixture to your popped popcorn. Stir it all around until well combined.