Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 14 waffles
Recipe from The Ghirardelli Chocolate Cookbook
2 C flour
1 C Ghirardelli Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1 T baking powder
2 T sugar
1/2 t salt
2 C milk
4 large eggs, separated
4 T canola oil
1 C Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1. Combine the baking powder, flour and cocoa in a mixing bowl.
2. In a separate bowl whisk together the milk, egg yolks and oil. Add this mixture to the dry ingredients.
3. In another bowl beat the egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. It shouldn't take long, only about 3 minutes.
4. Fold the egg whites into your chocolaty batter.
5. Stir in your chocolate chips and you are ready to roll.
6. Spray your waffle iron with cooking spray and cook until done.
Serve with maple syrup, or strawberry jam.