Time: 90 minutes + time 3 hours refrigeration
Yield: 12 servings
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
1/3 C melted butter
4 8 oz packages cream cheese
1 C sugar
2 t vanilla
1 C sour cream
8 oz semi sweet chocolate chips (2/3 of a 12 oz bag)
8 oz whipping cream
1/2 t vanilla
1 12 oz bag Heath toffee pieces
1. For the crust, grind your Oreos in a small food processor. Place the crumbs in a small mixing bowl.
2. Pour the melted butter over the crumbs and mix to combine well.
3. Get out your handy 10 inch spring form pan. Press the crust crumbs over the bottom of the pan and up 1 inch of the sides. It works well to use the a small measuring cup to help form the crust to the pan.
4. Beat the cream cheese in your stand mixer, or with hand held beaters for about 2 minutes, until smooth.
5. Add the sugar and vanilla and mix until well combined.
6. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well between each egg.
7. Stir the sour cream into the mixture, just until incorporated.
8. Place a 9x13 pan of water on the lower rack of your oven.
9. Pour your cheesecake filling over the chocolate crust.
10. Put the cheesecake into a 350 degree oven and bake for 60-70 minutes at 350 degrees. Remove from the oven when a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cheesecake comes out clean.
11. Cool completely on a wire rack and then refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
12. Put all topping ingredients (but the toffee chips) into a microwave safe bowl. Heat for 30 seconds, and then stir. Keep heating in 30 second increments until the chocolate melts and can easily be incorporated into the cream. Whisk it together well.
13. Set the chocolate topping on the counter and let it set up for about 15 minutes, or until it begins to thicken a bit. You need to be careful here. If you pour it over the top of your cheesecake when it's too thin you'll have a real mess on your hands. You want it thick enough that once you put it on the top of the cheesecake, you can gently push it over the side and it will set nicely. The longer you let it sit, the thicker it will become.
14. When the topping is the right consistency pour it on top of the cheesecake. Gently push it over the sides in several areas with a spoon.
15. Cover with toffee chips and return to the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.