Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 48 cookies
Recipe slightly adapted from My Baking Addiction
2 1/2 C flour
3/4 unsweetened cocoa powder
1 t baking soda
1 C sugar
1 C brown sugar, firmly packed
1 C butter, softened
2 t vanilla
1 (48 count) bag Rolos
2 C white chocolate chips
1. Place 2 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup cocoa powder and 1 teaspoon baking soda into a small mixing bowl. Stir it well with a wooden spoon to incorporate all ingredients.
2. Into your stand mixer or large mixing bowl place 1 cup sugar, 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar, 1 cup softened butter and 2 eggs. Cream the ingredients together, mixing on medium speed, for about 2 minutes. Add 2 teaspoons vanilla and mix until combined.
3. Pour the dry ingredients into your mixing bowl and beat to combine.
4. Spray a large cookie sheet with cooking spray and scoop 12 tablespoon sized pieces of dough onto the tray.
5. Press a chocolate Rolo into the center of each piece of dough. Then form the dough around the candy and roll it into a ball.
6. Bake at 375 degrees for 8 minutes, or until the cookies are cracked along the edges.
7. Allow the cookies to remain on the sheet for 2 or 3 minutes, then remove them to a wire rack to cool completely.
8. Pour 2 cups white chocolate chips into a small bowl. Pop that baby into the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and return it to the microwave for another 30 seconds. Stir the chocolate to be sure all of it is melted evenly.
9. Pour the white chocolate into a small ziploc bag. Cut a tiny hole in the tip and drizzle the white chocolate over the cookies.