Time: 15 minutes prep + 4 hours to freeze
Yield: 1 nine inch pie
Recipe adapted from Mary Erhart
45 Oreo Cookies (about three sleeves)
4 T melted butter
1 half gallon Cookies and Cream Ice Cream, softened
1 C hot fudge
1/2 an 8 oz container Cool Whip
Mini Chocolate Chips (optional)
***Note: You'll want to let your ice cream hang out on the counter for about 15 minutes before making the pie.
Thank you very much. End of note***
1. Put 30 of your Oreo Cookies in a small food processor. Grind them up into fine crumbs and pour them into a small mixing bowl.
2. Pour the melted butter into the crumbs and stir to combine.
3. Press the crumbs into a Deep 9 inch pie plate. Use the bottom of a measuring cup to press the crumbs evenly into the pie plate.
4. Put the remaining Oreo Cookies into the food processor. Grind them just for a few seconds. You just want them to be coarsely chopped here, not smashed to smithereens. Unless you like crumbs in your ice cream. If so, be my guest. Smash the heck out of them.
5. Scoop your softened ice cream into a large mixing bowl. Add your chopped (or smashed to smithereens) Oreos to the ice cream and fold them in.
6. Spread the ice cream out evenly over your tasty crust.
7. Carefully spoon the hot fudge onto the ice cream and spread it around. Yum. Why isn't there any of this pie left in my freezer!? Darn kids. Ate every last crumb in 24 hours.
8. Spread the cool whip on over the top of the fudge.
9. Wrap that bad boy up with some plastic wrap and get it into the freezer. Let it remain there for at least 4 hours.
10. Take the pie out of the freezer about 10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle the top with mini chocolate chips, if you so desire. Then....slice it up....serve iup...put your feet up....and enjoy! You deserve it!