Time: 30 minutes prep, 40 minutes baking, 1 hour cooling, 3 hours chilling
Yield: 12 servings
Recipe from Deb Hutcheson
1 devils food cake mix + ingredients to make the cake
1 large (6 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding
3 C milk
1 8 ounce bag toffee pieces
1 12 ounce container cool whip
1. Bake the cake according to package directions. Let it cool completely.
2. While your cake is cooling, beat the pudding with 3 C of milk until thick, should take about 3 minutes.
3. Chop up your cake into crumbs with a spatula.
4. Sprinkle 1/3 of the cake crumbs in the bottom of a trifle dish.
5. Spread 1/3 of the pudding over the top of the cake.
6. Sprinkle 1/3 of the toffee over the pudding.
7. Spread 1/3 of the cool whip over the toffee and drizzle some Hershey's syrup over the top.
8. Repeat the layers twice more.
9. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, and up to twelve.