Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 15 servings
Recipe from my beautiful sister in law Cynthia Gull
2 1/2 pounds nappa cabbage
5 green onions
3 packages ramen noodles
1/2 C butter
1/4 C sliced almonds
1/4 C sesame seeds
3/4 C peanut oil (or 3 T peanut butter + canola oil to equal 3/4 C)
1/2 C sugar
1/4 C rice vinegar
2 T soy sauce
1. Cut the tail end off of your cabbage and toss it in the trash.
2. Thinly slice the rest of the cabbage and place it into a large bowl.
3. Slice your green onions and add them to your bowl.
4. Open up your packages of Ramen Noodles....
place them in a gallon sized freezer zip lock bag and pound them into small pieces with a meat tenderizer.
5. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Melt your butter and then add your almonds sesame seeds and ramen noodles.
6. Cook the mixture stirring frequently until everything turns a nice toasty brown. Set the crunchy mixture aside to cool.
IF YOU CANNOT FIND PEANUT OIL DO THIS........
7. Place 3 T of peanut butter into a glass measuring cup pour Canola Oil into the cup, right over the top of the peanut butter. Your total measurement with the peanut butter and oil should be 3/4 C.
8. Put the peanut butter/oil mixture into the microwave and heat it for 30 seconds. Stir it all around until the peanut butter dissolves.
9. Into a medium sized sauce pan pour your sugar your peanut oil (or your peanut butter/oil mixture) soy sauce and rice vinegar.
10. Bring the mixture to a rolling boil over medium high heat. Let it boil hard for one minute. Then set it aside to cool.
11. When you are ready to serve toss the cabbage and green onions with the crunchy ramen mixture and pour the dressing over the top to coat. Serve immediately.