Time: 20 minutes hands on, 2 hours simmering
Yield: about 10 servings
Recipe from MyDearMother
1 large pot of hot water
4 chicken breasts
12 cubes bullion, or 12 teaspoons
1 t celery seed
3 bay leaves
1 onion, chopped
5 large carrots, chopped
1 family sized package Grandma's Egg Noodles
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Place the chicken, bullion, celery seed, bay leaves and onion in your large pot of water. I usually add about 1 t salt and 1/2 t ground pepper as well.
2. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium low and let the old girl simmer for about 1 1/2 hours.
3. Take the chicken out of the pot shred it up with a fork, and put it back in the broth.
4. These egg noodles can be found in the freezer section next to the Rhodes dough. Take them out of the freezer and stick a fork into the sack in a couple different spots. Microwave for 1 minute. When you open up the sack, the noodles will be slightly stuck together. Break them up as much as you can and add to the soup.
5. Add the carrots and turn up the heat until you have a rolling boil.
6. Cook until the noodles and carrots are done. About 10 minutes.
7. Taste the soup before you serve it. Add more bullion or salt and pepper if you need to.