Time: 15 minutes prep + 2 1/2 hours baking
Yield: 7 servings
Recipe adapted from Pam Willahan
2 C white rice (not instant)
2 C milk
2 C hot water
4 bullion cubes
2 cans cream of chicken soup (I use 98%fat free)
4 chicken breasts cut into chunks
1 C grated Parmesan cheese
2 small cans mushrooms (optional)
salt and pepper
1. Spray the inside of a 9x13 casserole dish.
2. Pour the rice on the bottom of the dish.
3. Dissolve the bullion cubes into the hot water.
4. Pour the milk, bullion/water mixture, and cream of chicken soup, and 1/2 of the cheese over the rice. Stir in the pan until it is well blended.
5. Add a bit of salt and pepper.
6. Layer the chicken and mushrooms in the pan.
7. Cover with remaining cheese.
8. Cover with tin foil and bake at 350 for 2 hours.
9. Uncover and bake for another 30 minutes.