Time: 45 minutes
Recipe from Angela Howells (the lovely) at www.jamiecooksitup.blogspot.com
1 loaf french bread
2 T olive oil
2 chicken breasts
freshly cracked salt and pepper
1 1/2 t minced garlic
1 large white onion
1/3-1/2 C pesto
2 C mozzarella cheese
1 C shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Cut your chicken into 1 inch chunks with some kitchen scissors. Heat up a large skillet and add your 1 T of the oil. When it's nice and hot throw in your garlic, and then your chicken. Season it up with the salt and pepper. Let the chicken and garlic cook until it has a nice golden look to it. Set the beauties aside.
2. In the same hot skillet put the other T of oil in along with your onions. Let them cook until they are nice and golden as well.
3. Cut your loaf of french bread in half, right on through the middle. Don't just go cutting it in half from top to bottom now. That's just going to give you two chunks of bread. We want it nice long area to put our toppings on.
4. Spread the pesto over each half.
5. Layer the chicken, onions, and then sprinkle with the cheese.
6. Throw the lovely concoction into a 400 degree oven and let it bake just until the cheese is all bubbly and the bread is heated through. About 10-15 minutes. Enjoy! You deserve it!