Time: about 45 minutes
Yield: 7 half pint jars
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
1 C graham cracker crumbs (about 1/2 a sleeve worth)
1 T sugar
2 T melted butter
1 8 oz package cream cheese
1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 t lemon juice (bottled is fine)
1 21 oz can cherry pie filling
cool whip or redi whip
7 half pint jars
7 lids and rings
1. Throw your graham crackers in a small food processor. (If you don't have one...don't sweat it. Just put the graham crackers into a gallon sized zip lock bag, seal it up tight and use a rolling pin to break the crackers into crumbs.)
2. Process them up into fine crumbs.
3. Add your sugar and melted butter. Mix until combined.
4. In your stand mixer, or in a medium sized mixing bowl beat the cream cheese until smooth. Scrape the bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Add the sweetened condensed milk while you continue to beat the mixture. Once it is all added beat for about 3 minutes, or until smooth and silky. You may need to scrape the bottom of the bowl again to be sure all of the cream cheese is getting incorporated.
5. Add your lemon juice. Mix for 1 more minute to be sure everything is combined nicely.
6. Be sure your jars are nice and cleanly washed.
7. Layer about 2 t of the graham cracker mixture.
8. Then about 2 T of the cream cheese mixture. Try not to let the above picture give you a headache! You vision has not suddenly gotten blurry...I must have been moving around a bit while I took this picture! Pardon the fuzziness.
9. Layer about 2 T of cherry pie filling over the cream cheese mixture.
10. Spray in a bit of whip cream, and smooth it out with a spoon. Then repeat the layers again.
11. Put on the lids and rings.
12. To attach the invitations, simple punch two holes in the top of each invite. Wrap the ribbon around the lid of the jar and through the two holes. Tie your self a lovely bow and hot glue the flowers on top. Vwalla.....invitation ready and done.