Time: 10 min. prep + 45 min. cooking time
Yield: 12-15 servings
Recipe adapted from Heather Peterson
1 (32 ounce) package frozen shredded potatoes
1 C sour cream
2 1/2 C cheddar cheese
4 T melted butter, divided
2 (10 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
salt and pepper
1 1/2 C corn flakes
1. Pour one 32 ounce bag frozen shredded potatoes into a large mixing bowl. Pop that baby into the microwave for 2-3 minutes to thaw the potatoes.
2. To the potatoes add 1 cup sour cream, 2 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, 2 tablespoons of melted butter, 2 cans cream of chicken soup
and a bit of salt and pepper.
3. Stir it all around with a wooden spoon. Make sure all ingredients are combined.
4. Pour 1 1/2 cups corn flakes into a small food processor and crush them into crumbs. No food processor? Do not dismay. Put the corn flakes into a gallon sized ziploc bag and roll over the top of the bag with a rolling pin.
5. Put the corn flakes crumbs into a small bowl and pour 2 tablespoons of butter over the top. Give it a nice stir to combine.
6. Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray and spread the potato/cheese mixture into it.
7. Cover the potatoes with the corn flake crumbs, cover the pan with tin foil and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.