Time: 20 minutes prep + 80 minutes to bake
Yield: 6 servings
Recipe adapted from Mels Kitchen Cafe
2 1/2 C sharp cheddar cheese, grated
1/2 C Parmesan cheese, grated
2 t cornstarch
5 large russet potatoes, peeled and sliced thinly
salt and pepper
3/4 C half and half
1/2 C chicken broth
1. Peel your potatoes and slice them as thin as you can. You need them to be about 1/8 of an inch thick.
2. Spray a 3 quart baking dish with cooking spray. Layer half of the potatoes evenly over the bottom.
3. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. In a medium sized mixing bowl combine the cheeses and the cornstarch. Just toss them around with your fingers to get them all combined. Sprinkle half of the cheese mixture over the potatoes.
5. Layer the rest of the potatoes over the cheese and sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a large measuring cup combine the half and half and the chicken broth. Pour it over the potatoes.
6. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese over the top. Cover and bake for 45 minutes. Remove your cover and bake for the remaining 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are cooked through.