Time: 10 minutes prep + 1 1/2 hours baking
Yield: 6-7 servings
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
2 (4.3 ounce) boxes Rice a Roni Long Grain and Wild Rice
1 C white rice (I buy short grain)
1/2 C onion, chopped
2 (14 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
2 C milk
2 C hot water
2 C cheddar cheese, grated
1/4 t salt
1/8 t pepper
2 T butter, melted
3 chicken breasts (raw, please)
1. Find yourself two boxes of Rice a Roni Long Grain and Wild Rice. Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray and pour the contents of the boxes into the pan. (Not the seasoning packet, please).
2. Pour 1 cup of white rice into the pan. Add 1/2 cup chopped onion, 2 cans of cream of chicken soup and 2 cups of milk.
3. Pour yourself 2 cups of warm water. Open up both of the seasoning packets (from the Rice a Roni boxes) and pour them into the water. Give it a nice stir with a fork.
4. Pour the broth-ie water mixture into the pan.
5. Add 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon cracked pepper and 2 tablespoons of melted butter.
6. Mix things up with your handy fork. Be sure you break up the cream of chicken soup and that all of the ingredients become well combined.
7. Take a nice pair of kitchen scissors and cut up three chicken breasts into chunks. Add them to the pan.
8. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese over the top of the chicken, cover the pan with tin foil and bake at 400 degrees for 1 hour. Remove the tin foil and bake for 30 minutes more.
Serve and enjoy!