Time: 1 hour
Yield: 15 generous servings
Recipe from Pam Willahan
6 large potatoes
1 large onion
7 large carrots
12 C HOT water
12 bullion cubes
3 sticks butter
1 1/2 C flour
1 16 oz jar cheese whiz
1. Peel and chop the vegetables. Place them in a large pot filled with water. Bring to a boil and cook until crisp tender. When they are done pour them into a strainer to get rid of the water.
2. In a separate LARGE soup pot melt the butter over medium heat.
3. When the butter has melted, add your flour. Stir it in really well with a whisk. It will make a silky smooth mixture.
4. Add your 12 cups hot water. I just use my hottest tap water, you don't need it to be boiling.
5. Add the bullion cubes.
6. Stir the mixture until it starts to thicken up. It shouldn't take long. Adding hot water helps cut down on the thickening time.
7. When the soup has thickened add the jar of cheese whiz. Stir to incorporate.
8. Add your cooked veggies. (Do not add any of the water you used to cook them in.) That's it! Enjoy!